What Can Help Acid Reflux?
One thing you can do to reduce your risk for heartburn and acid reflux disease is to eat low-fat, high-protein meals. Also, eat smaller meals more frequently. It may also help to avoid certain beverages and foods.
Avoid beverages that seem to trigger heartburn or make it worse, such as:
- Coffee or tea (both regular and decaffeinated)
- Other beverages that contain caffeine
- Carbonated beverages
Avoid foods that seem to trigger your heartburn or make it worse, such as:
- Citrus fruits, such as oranges and lemons
- Tomatoes and products that contain tomatoes, such as tomato sauce and salsa
- Mint or peppermint
- Fatty or spicy foods, such as chili or curry
- Onions and garlic